Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Easy Read update 16 March 2020
Women With Disabilities Australia have produced an Easy English document on the current CoronaVirus (COVID-19) for women and girls with disability living in Australia.
Coronavirus is a virus that started in China and spread to many countries around the world, including Australia. Coronavirus is also called COVID-19. That is the scientific name of the virus. The symptoms of the Coronavirus are similar to the flu.
7 steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover your cough with the bend in your elbow or tissue
- Avoid crowded places
- Stay at home if you feel unwell – even with a slight fever & cough
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing – seek medical care early but call by phone first
- Stay aware of the latest information from WHO and the Australian Government.
(The 7 steps above were provided by the World Health Organisation 16 March 2020)