Terms and Conditions
1. This Art Prize is promoted and managed by Women With Disabilities Australia.
ABN: 23 627 650 121
Address: PO Box 407, Lenah Valley, Tasmania 7008, Australia
Phone: 0448 417 875
Contact: Vanamali Hermans – Project Officer
2. This competition is an activity of WWDA’s new project WWDA LEAD – Lead, Engage, Activate, Drive. WWDA strongly encourages entries based on the theme of ‘We can all be leaders.’
3. The competition opens at 09:00am AEST on Monday, 08 March 2021. The competition closes at 11:59pm AEST on Friday, 23 July 2021. Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
4. Entry is open to all women, girls, feminine identifying and non-binary people with disabilities living in Australia. You do not need to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to enter. You must be 15 years or older. Entrants aged between 15 and 17 years must seek parental/carer permission before submitting their entry.
5. WWDA will accept entries from individual artists or from groups of artists, but each artist/group of artists may only submit one artwork to the competition. There is no entry fee to submit to the prize.
6. WWDA will accept all visual artistic mediums, including paintings, drawings, collages, craft, sculptures, photograph and videos. All submissions must be accompanied by an image description.
7. To submit your entry to the Art Prize, WWDA requests that photographs, digital scans or other digital representations of artworks, alongside a signed submission form, be emailed to email@example.com.
Please include ‘Art Contest’ in the subject line.
Alternatively, you can submit via our online form.
If you need support to submit or have questions, you can contact Mali through many different ways, including phone call, text message, the National Relay Service and written post using the details listed in section 1.
8. Entrants must agree with the Terms and Conditions of the competition at the time of entry and return a signed submission form alongside their entry. WWDA can support you in returning a submission form – please refer to details in section 7.
9. To comply with COVID-19 safety precautions, all entries shall be virtually exhibited on WWDA’s Our Site and the WWDA Website after the closing date of the competition. Entries may also be shared across WWDA’s social media platforms.
10. Whilst a condition of entry is consenting to original work’s being shared across WWDA’s social media platforms and websites, artists shall retain the original copyright of all works submitted. Any work entered to the Prize must be the artist/s original work and must not have breached existing copyright rules (e.g., you cannot use or copy other people’s work).
11. Prizes will be awarded in three different divisions: Under 18’s, Over 18’s and People’s Choice Awards. A winner and runner-up shall be chosen for each category. Highly commended entrants across all divisions will also be awarded.
12. Prizes will be given in the form of gift vouchers and art supplies and be up to the value of $500 for the winner of each division, $200 for the runner up of each division, and $50 for highly commended entries.
13. WWDA will elect a panel of external judges with disabilities who will determine the winners of each division, with the exception of the People’s Choice Awards. The decisions of the judges are final.
14. WWDA reserves the right to deny any entry that does not comply with the Terms and Conditions of the competition, or any entry that is deemed offensive or inappropriate.
Privacy and Promotion
16. WWDA will not sell any information collected as part of the competition.
17. Entrants give permission for competition entries to be published and promoted via WWDA’s websites and social media platforms, including WWDA’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
18. WWDA will seek written permission from entrants before conducting media coverage or interviews.
19. This competition is in no way associated with, sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform where promotional material may be shared.