If you are unhappy or unsatisfied with a response or service provided by WWDA you can make a complaint. Complaints help us to improve our work. You will not be treated unfairly for making a complaint.
Steps to making a complaint about WWDA
Start with a conversation
Firstly, speak to the employee who is directly involved with the complaint and try to resolve it. If you feel uncomfortable speaking to that employee or you feel the issue has not be resolved, contact the WWDA Executive Director. The WWDA Executive Director can either try and help resolve the issue or encourage you to make a formal complaint.
If the complaint is about the WWDA Executive Director you can speak or write to the WWDA President. Contact the WWDA Office Manager to reach the President on 0438 535 123 or email email@example.com.
Your Formal Complaint
Your formal complaint should say what the problem is and how you think the problem can be fixed. You should also include anything that supports your complaint.
WWDA will try to resolve your complaint
Once you have submitted the formal complaint, you and the employee involved will be informed of the issues and the steps WWDA is taking.
WWDA will keep the matter private and work to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible.
What if it does not get resolved?
If the matter can not be resolved, and/or you are unhappy with the outcome, WWDA will advise you of external organisations who can assist you. Depending on the nature of the complaint, options include:
- Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission – phone 13 22 62
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission – phone 1300 300 630
Things you should know
- You can make a complaint without giving your name, but it will make it easier to fix the problem if we know your name.
- We will keep your complaint private. We will only tell those people that need to know so that the problem can be fixed.
- You can use a support person to help you make a complaint.
- We can help to provide an advocate or interpreter if you need support to make a complaint.