In November 2021, WWDA responded to the WGEA Consultation on the review of the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012. Our submission is informed by our extensive research base on women, feminine identifying and non-binary people with disability as well as feedback from our national membership.
In the submission we outline a number of key issues for women with disability, and provide recommendations for change under the following headings:
- Research and data collection must be intersectional
- The definition of ‘relevant employer’ must be expanded
- Increased accountability for employers
- Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Assault Policies must be Intersectional
- Australian Disability Enterprises are Inherently Discriminative