Easy English Application Form
These are the Easy English versions of application forms.
Please see other ways to apply under ‘How to Apply’ below.
For more Easy English Information visit the Our Site Website here.
About the scholarships
Round two of the WWDA LEAD Scholarships is now open and closes on the 18th of March. This round we are offering Scholarships up to $3000. To see the announcement head to WWDA News.
We received a high number of impressive applications during round one. We are hoping to see as much interest, if not more in Round Two!
These scholarships will create a strong network of women and girls with disability to help us:
- Work towards delivery of the WWDA LEAD National Leadership Summit in late 2022,
- participate in mentoring and supporting other women and girls with disability,
- develop the WWDA LEAD Leadership and Mentoring toolkit to both National and International audiences,
- support more WWDA members to become actively involved in the work of WWDA.
Two rounds of WWDA scholarships have been made available, round one in 2021, and round two in 2022, to ensure that WWDA can deliver multiple leadership opportunities to our members, and to encourage graduates to mentor new participants, establish networks and increase participation and representation in all areas of life, both as individuals and as a community.
Travel and associated costs will not be funded as part of the scholarship program and will be at the own expense of the applicants. For this reason, WWDA encourages applicants to apply for online courses where possible.
Applicants will need to have a reliable internet connection, in order to participate as much as possible in their nominated program (if the program includes virtual participation).
WWDA LEAD Scholarship eligibility criteria
To participate in the WWDA LEAD Scholarships program, applicants must:
- Be a current WWDA member. If you are not a member please Click here to become one.
- Identify as a woman, girl, feminine identifying or non-binary person with disability.
- Be aged 15 years or above.
- Be currently living in Australia.
- Have an interest in disability rights, women’s rights, leadership and / or pursuing work that WWDA does.
How to Apply
The applications are available via an online form or download in Word or PDF below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants can apply for a leadership course, or a course that they think will help them to develop their leadership skills.
- Applicants will need access to a computer and reliable internet to be able to participate in sessions and classes (particularly if the course is an ‘on-line’ course).
- WWDA LEAD Scholarships can be funded up to, (or receive partial funding if organised with the course provider to produce a separate/split invoice), the value of $3000 + GST and 10 scholarships will be available.
- Travel and associated costs will not be funded as part of the scholarship program and will be at the expense of the applicants.
- You can contact WWDA LEAD staff to discuss courses that may be suitable or please contact us with a course that you are interested in.
- There are some courses that we cannot fund due to our funding arrangement, please contact us Monday – Friday if you are unsure.
- Please check the eligibility and selection criteria for the course you want to apply for, as these are external processes that WWDA has no control over.
- Applicants will be selected on their responses to the questions on the application form and will be selected by an internal staff team at WWDA, with final approval made by the WWDA Senior Staff.
- Applicants must be committed and prepared to participate fully in the program.
- Successful Scholarship participants are required to complete a report after the completion of the scholarship opportunity to share with the WWDA community on what they have learnt and what they would like to do with their learnings. Reports can be in many formats, video story, written report, podcast and artwork. Please let us know if there is another way that you would like to share your learnings with others by contacting us.
- We will also encourage successful scholarship participants to be part of future WWDA LEAD activities, including:
- Mentoring future scholarship participants.
- Taking part in WWDA LEAD peer networking activities and webinars.
If you require any further information you can contact us in the following ways.
- Email Saphia Grant at email@example.com
- Call or text Saphia on 0477 076 098
- You can use the National Relay Service to call us. Call 1800 555 677. Ask for 0477 076 098
- Need a translator? Call 131 450 Ask for 0477 076 098
- Send a letter to PO Box 407 Lenah Valley TAS 7008 Australia