Write for our Blog or Real Stories!
Are you a woman, girl, feminine identifying or non-binary person with disabilities that lives in Australia and likes to write, and make videos or podcasts?
We want to hear from you!
Easy English Information
Easy English – Write for our blog! [PDF]
Easy English – Write for our blog! [DOC]
What we need
Blogs can be accepted in written form (approx. 750 words), audio or video format (approx. 3 mins). You are welcome to submit visual images with any written work, but this is not a requirement – WWDA can help support you if you would like accompanying images.
- If your blog is in audio format, you will need to provide a transcript.
- If your blog has visual elements, you will need to provide a written description.
- If you need support to make a transcript or written description, please let us know.
How to submit
If you have an idea for a blog post, you can email our blog editor on firstname.lastname@example.org with a pitch. Your pitch should be between 50-100 words outlining what you would like to write/talk about for the WWDA blog. There is no deadline and WWDA will accept submissions on a rolling basis.
Even if you have never had a piece of work published before, we want to hear your voice and support you to publish your writing!
WWDA strongly encourages submissions from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, other Black and Brown voices, people from refugee and migrant backgrounds, people with experiences of incarceration or institutionalisation, LGBTIQA+ people and people with intellectual disability. WWDA will be reserving space for these voices.
WWDA will only accept submissions from women, girls, feminine identifying or non-binary people with disability who reside in Australia.
Find out more
We acknowledge that our experiences look different for everyone and can depend on gender, race, class and other identities. We want to share your thoughts and critique on current issues in the community and beyond.
WWDA believes strongly in paying women and gender-diverse people for their work and as such, can offer $100 for blog posts.
Tips for writing an engaging blog post
Download our tips on getting started with your blog post.
Writing an engaging blog [PDF]
Writing an engaging blog [pptx]
Ready to submit your pitch? Email email@example.com.
If you require any further information you can contact us in the following ways:
- Email the WWDA team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that multiple WWDA staff monitor this email, so you may have different people respond to you at different times.
- Call or message the WWDA LEAD Project Director, Cat Standley, on 0476 540 751. If there is no answer, please leave a voicemail or text.
- Use the National Relay Service to call us. Call 1800 555 677 and ask for 0476 540 751. Need a translator? Call 131 450 and ask for 0476 540 751.
- Send a letter to PO Box 407, Lenah Valley, Tasmania 7008, Australia
Not all creative works will be published. Please submit your pitch to email@example.com before creating your content to ensure that it aligns with our values and terms and conditions for publication.
WWDA LEAD Activities
Find out more about the other activities you could get involved by clicking one of the below: