Senior Project Officer – Flexible Location
Women with Disabilities Australia (WWDA) has an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about advancing human rights to work on a project that builds the capacity of women & girls with disabilities.
WWDA is the national Disabled People’s Organisation (DPO) for women and girls with disability in Australia. WWDA represents more than 2 million disabled women and girls in Australia. We are run by and for women with disabilities. We operate as a transnational human rights and systemic advocacy organisation. Our work is grounded in a human rights-based framework which links gender and disability issues to a full range of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights.
WWDA has received a NDIA ILC grant to build the capacity of women and girls with disabilities (WGwD) across Australia. Supported by the grant, this ambitious and innovative project will:
- Promote peer learning opportunities for WGwD;
- Develop a ‘Leadership and Mentoring Resource Kit’ for WGwD;
- Provide direct support for WGwD to undertake individual leadership training and/or coaching;
- Increase opportunities for WGwD to participate in policy decision-making and media representation;
- Increase the engagement of WGwD in WWDA through outreach initiatives and the development of an accessible membership structure and strategy;
- Develop targeted, accessible information resources coupled with outreach in an effort to address the current gender disparity in NDIS participants;
- Provide access to information resources developed by and for WGwD that promote the autonomy, freedoms and agency of WGwD.
About the role
Working alongside the Director – Policy and Programs, and with delegated authority, the Senior Project Officer (SPO) will play a key role in contributing to aspects of a new NDIA funding ILC project including its strategic development and operational implementation, uptake and evaluation. The SPO will work collaboratively with the project team including the Project Officer and Communications Officer.
WWDA deeply values lived experience. People with a lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
WWDA is committed to disability, family and care inclusive work practices and our work is underscored by an intergenerational, intersectional feminist lens. This role can be worked full-time or part-time (0.8FTE). The role is flexible and can be based anywhere across Australia and will be guided by WWDA’s working-from-home policy.
For accessibility enquires or any further information please contact WWDA Director-Policy and Programs Dr Trishima Mitra-Kahn at email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Project Officer – Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.